Technical Scripter Event 2022 – India’s Biggest Technical Content Writing Contest
GeeksforGeeks presents Technical Scripter Event 2022 – an opportunity to hone your technical writing abilities and get paid fancy, whether you are a student, a graduate, a working professional, or trying to create a career in technology. This event will bring numerous rewards to your door if you believe that your technical writing has the ability to persuade, educate, draw readers in, and keep them interested. Share your knowledge and earn assured goodies and exciting rewards.
This Technical Scripter event will start on October 13, and you can share your articles till
December 11, 2022 January 20, 2023.So, what are you waiting for? Get an amazing opportunity to showcase your technical knowledge and writing skills – altogether.
The Technical Scripter Event 2022 will begin in the second week of October and will last until the third week of January 2023. Check out all the information below:
- Event Start Date: 13th October 2022
- Event End Date:
December 11, 2022January 20, 2023
- Result Date: 13th February 2023
Note: Only the articles that are submitted before the event end date will be entertained and submission will close at 12 AM on 20th January 2023.
This event is open to all categories i.e, Students, graduates, working professionals, or who are trying to create a career in technology can participate in this event.
Apart from getting INR 500/published article during this event, you’ll also be rewarded the below items according to your winning rank:
- 1st Prize → MacBook Pro+ GFG Course Coupon of INR 5000
- 2nd Prize → iPad Air+ GFG Course Coupon of INR 3000
- 3rd Prize → Sony Headphones + GFG Course Coupon of INR 2500
- 4th & 5th Prize → Tablet + GFG Course Coupon of INR 1000
- 6th to 15th Prize → Echo Dot
- 16th to 50th Prize → Smart Band
We’re giving out assured goodies to participants who get 5 or more published articles during the event. The details are as follows.
- For 5 to 10 Published Articles – GfG T-Shirt
- For 11 or more Published Articles – GfG Bag
Certificate + WFH Internship Opportunity
Certificate of Participation and Work from Home Internship opportunity to top 100 participants.
The Top 50 winners will be chosen on the following parameters:
- The complexity of the article. [10% Weightage Points]
- The article should be clear, informative, and relevant. [10% Weightage Points]
- SEO Rating of the article. [10% Weightage Points]
- The highest number of likes. [30% Weightage Points]
- The highest number of views. [40% Weightage Points]
All submitted articles would be judged and considered for the winner’s list based on the aforementioned weightage points.
- Articles under the category Functions, Interview-Experiences, Difference Between, GBlog, MCQs, and Non-Technical Topics like School, UPSC, SSC, and GK will not be counted for this event.
- Don’t forget to check to see whether your topic is already on GeeksforGeeks.
- Event participation will only be considered through WRITE portal only.
- At any given time, only 5 articles can be selected from the PICK section.
- If the picked article is not submitted within 4 days, it will be automatically discarded.
- Improvement of the existing article will not be accepted or considered as an entry for this event.
- All the payments will be processed to the author’s bank account after signing the offer letter generated by GeeksforGeeks.
- The Technical Scripter 2022 Tag must be included in the article; else, the article will not be considered for event participation.
- If a person has two or more articles in the Top 50 results, the highest-ranking article will be used to determine the winner rank.
- If an author’s existing fixed pay is more than the fixed pay under the event i.e., INR 500, the maximum amount will be considered for the pay of the article.
- The payments and rewards are exclusively available to Indian contributors. However, if you are not from India, you can contribute articles to this event but would not be eligible for prizes.
- Any submitted article (Having Pending Status) on or before 20th January 2023 (midnight) under the Technical Scripter category will be only considered for the review process.
- If anyone is submitting the article after 20th January 2023, then the article will be considered for the normal review process but not for the TS 2022.
- In case you get feedback on your pending TS Event article, or your article is in awaiting status during this event then make the suggested changes by 31st January 2023 and submit the article for the review process. After 31st January 2023, the awaiting status article will not be considered for the Technical Scripter event.
- The prize distribution process will begin 15 to 20 days after the results are announced. Our team will send the winners an email with the necessary information such as name, Complete Address Details, etc. to their registered email addresses.
- Any article submitted prior to 13 Oct 2022 Whether it is in pending or awaiting author status will not be considered for the Technical Scripter 2022 event.
- Any article containing plagiarised content, if found would be straightaway prohibited/discarded.
- GeeksforGeeks reserves the right to accept or reject any changes at any time and at any stage, without assigning any reason or incurring any liability to the participants. No claim whatsoever will be entertained/paid by the GeeksforGeeks to the participants.
- In case of any doubt please drop a mail to email@example.com
How to Participate?
The process of writing and submitting the article for the Technical Scripter Event 2022 is very easy. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
2. The second option is to choose a topic and crosscheck on the GFG website and if the topic you want to write isn’t covered in the portal, In this case, the topic should be under the following categories:
- Data Structures
- Binary Search Tree
- Linked List
- Bit Magic
- Branch and Bound
- Divide and Conquer
- Dynamic Programming
- Game Theory
- Pattern Searching
- Competitive Programming
- Programming Languages
- Python Programs
- Python Project
- Python Utility
- Web Scrapping
- Python Flask
- R Language
- Computer Subjects
- Operating Systems
- Computer Network
- Compiler Design
- Theory of Computation
- Computer Graphics
- Software Engineering
- Web Technologies
- CSS Frameworks and Libraries
- Machine Learning
- Machine Learning Projects
- Power BI
- Data Science
- Tech Tips
- Ethical Hacking
- Software Testing
- Data Mining
- Distributed System
- Microsoft Azure
- How To
Once you start writing an article from the above topic list, please ensure that you add the category – “Technical Scripter” to the article along with the tag “Technical-Scripter-2022”. This is mandatory for the articles which are not picked from the Pick Topic list.
3. The “Suggest button” is another option. You can suggest a topic and submit it here by selecting the category Technical Scripter, and our team will review it to see whether it is relevant to our event. If the article is approved, you can begin writing your article immediately. Please allow 12 hours (Working Days Only) for a response to your article suggestion or you can notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org after suggesting the article on write.
4. Refer to the guidelines – https://write.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-write/ before start writing the article.
FAQs on Technical Scripter Event 2022
Q-1. Who can participate?
Ans. Anyone can participate in the technical scripter event.
Q-2. How many articles can I write?
Ans. You can write as many articles as you want as long as they are technical articles and not posted on our website already.
Q-3. How will I get paid?
Ans. If you are already an author on GeeksforGeeks then you can apply for payment as you normally would. If you are a new author, you will receive a payment link after uploading your signed offer letter, and you can use that link to request payment. In both cases, the payment will be received in the first week of the following month. Here is an example, if Ajay applies for the remuneration at the Starting, Middle, or end of October month 2022 then he will get the payment in the first week of November 2022.
Q-4. Is there any minimum number of articles to participate in the event?
Ans. No, you can participate in the event by publishing at least one article and can apply for remuneration for it.
Q-5. To get the goodies, how many articles do I have to contribute?
Ans. You will be eligible to receive the goodies after the publication of the 5 articles within the event.
Q-6. What will be the last date to submit the article?
Ans: The last date for article submission is January 20, 2023. However, you need to know if you submit the article on the last date and get feedback on it to make some changes then you’ll get 7 more days to make the required changes in the article and submit it again for the review process.
Q-7. Can I submit my article which I have published on another platform also?
Ans. No, the article must be unique, and original, and not be published on any other platform. Also, it should be plagiarized-free.
Q-8. After I submit the article, what process will take place?
Ans. Once you write and submit the article, then the status of your article becomes Pending. The team then reviews your article and gives you feedback in comments (if needed) under the article and saves your article status to Awaiting Author. After that, you’re required to make the changes as per the feedback and again submit the article for review and the status of your article becomes Pending again. Finally, after you have made all the required improvements, your article status becomes In Review, which means it has been approved. Also, when your article gets published, the status of your article becomes Published.
Q-9. If I am already getting more than INR 500 per published article, then which amount will be considered for this event?
Ans. If you’re already associated with GFG and getting paid INR 500/published article, then you’ll receive the maximum amount that GFG is paying before this event. But you will get a chance to win some exciting prizes like MacBook Pro M1 and GFG Goodies.
Q-10. Can I receive payment through PayPal?
Ans. Currently, we accept payment transfers through Net banking/Transfer and do not entertain PayPal or another third-party app to transfer the remuneration.
Q-11. During this event, my articles will also count for Internship?
Ans. Yes, your articles will be considered for the internship also.