Target Corporation Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus)
Round-1: Online Test
10 objective questions and 1 coding question.
objectives were from Data structures, Java, operating system, c.
Que. Given source(x1,y1) and destination (x2,y2), you can move
only (x1+y1,y1) or (x1,x1+y1).Print “yes” if it is possible to
reach from source to destination otherwise “No”.
Input: source(1,3), destination(9,4)
Explanation: (1,1+3) —> (1+4,4)—->(5+4,4)=(9,4).
1.Brief discussion about project(table used in project and discussion about Primary key)
2.OOPS concepts in details.
3. How subqueries work.
4. How will you increase memory size if it is allocated already and how much maximum size you can increase?
5. Discussion about joins in details and finally, he gave me 2 tables and asked result after performing left outer join.
6. what is Correlated subquery.
7. Sql query- Student (rollno, name), Marks (Rollno, subject, marks) , print details of students who is having more than 70 marks.
8. what is the binary search.
9. what is DBMS.
10.what is partitioning.
11.what is data structure and types of data structure.
Round-3: Technical +HR
1. He asked me to tell something.
I asked that what should I tell about myself or company, then he told that impress me (He was expecting that what are the qualities in me, which is suitable for the company).
2. what is normalization.
3. what is 1NF, 2NF, 3NF.
4.He gave me a table which was not in 1NF and asked to break it such that it satisfies properties of 1NF.
5. write the program to check a string is a substring of other not.
6. what are the types of database.
7. why should I hire you.
8. why should I not hire you.
9. which type of team members you want to work with.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.