Software Engineering | Software Crisis
Software Crisis is a term used in computer science for the difficulty of writing useful and efficient computer programs in the required time .software crisis was due to using same workforce, same methods, same tools even though rapidly increasing in software demand, complexity of software and software challenges. With increase in the complexity of software, many software problems arise because existing methods were insufficient.
If we will use same workforce, same methods and same tools after fast increasing in software demand, software complexity and software challenges, then there arise some problems like software budget problem, software efficiency problem, software quality problem, software managing and delivering problem etc. This condition is called software crisis.
Causes of Software Crisis:
- The cost of owning and maintaining software was as expensive as developing the software
- At that time Projects was running over-time
- At that time Software was very inefficient
- The quality of software was low quality
- Software often did not meet requirements
- The average software project overshoots its schedule by half
- At that time Software was never delivered
Solution of Software Crisis:
There is no single solution to the crisis.one possible solution of software crisis is Software Engineering because software engineering is a systematic, disciplined and quantifiable approach. For preventing software crisis, there are some guidelines:
- Reduction in software over-budget
- The quality of software must be high
- Less time needed for software project
- Experience working team member on software project
- Software must be delivered
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.