Science and Technology Notes for UPSC Prelims and Mains Exam (Latest Syllabus)
Science and Technology Notes for UPSC are very much needed to go through if you’re an IAS aspirant and want to know what’s currently trending in the science sphere. To make this easy for you, GeeksforGeeks have brought important topics of Science and Technology for UPSC Prelims so you can get an idea of what science topics you need to study to ace your score in this area. In the UPSC previous year paper, science and technology is one area from where questions have been asked and put more emphasis on according to the current scenario in the science and tech domain.
With the introduction of Science & Technology in the Prelims and Mains syllabus, the UPSC has placed a special focus on the topic. This will be a challenge for IAS applicants with no science background. However, our important topics of science and technology for the UPSC exam will assist you in learning about the most recent scientific and technological developments.
Most Important Notes For UPSC Prelims and Mains Exam
Most Important Science and Technology Notes for UPSC Prelims and Mains Exam
Science and Technology Syllabus for UPSC Exam
Science and Technology questions are either current affairs or basic in nature. To score higher in the subject, keep a careful eye on new advancements in Science and Technology, particularly in fields included in the Prelims and Mains syllabuses, such as Science and Technology.
In addition, applicants should intensively prepare for the following crucial topics to obtain an advantage in their preparation:
- Definition and Explanation
- Transgenic and Cisgenic Organisms
- Bt Brinjal
- Bt Cotton
- Genetic Pollution
- Concerns about Genetically Modified Crops
Achievements of Indians in Science & Technology
- Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman
- Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose
- Satyendra Nath Bose
- Meghnad Saha
- Homi Jehangir Bhabha
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
- Vikram Sarabhai
- Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya
- Har Gobind Khorana
- Tessy Thomas
- C.N.R. Rao
Awareness in Different Fields
Issues Related to Intellectual Property Rights(IPR)
- Need for Intellectual Property Rights
- Types of IPR
- IPR Regime in India
- International Agreements Related to IPRs
- Geographical Indicators
- Recent Issues; Evergreening, Compulsory Licensing, Prominent Cases, etc.
How to prepare for Science and Technology for the UPSC exam?
- Read and Prepare your own Notes
- Study NCERT Science Book.
- Examine the UPSC Previous Year’s Question Papers.
- If Science is an Optional Subject for you, plan ahead of time.
- Keep updated with daily news analysis.
Tips & Tricks for Science & Technology UPSC Exam Preparation
1. Refer to NCERTs (Class VI to XII) to lay a solid foundation and learn the fundamental ideas and terminologies of Science and Technology. Before proceeding to prepare the complicated curriculum at the Mains level, it is critical to acquire conceptual knowledge.
If you have selected an optional relating to Science and Technology, strengthening your fundamentals becomes even more important.
2. There is no better method to prepare for the topic than to review and solve past years’ question papers. They are the greatest study materials for familiarising yourself with the exam structure and the sorts of questions commonly asked in the exam.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!