Round 1 (Online Coding Round)
The first round was an online coding round where I had to solve 2 coding questions. The questions I got were both basic DP-based questions.
1. Based on 0-1 knapsack problem
2. Based on Max Sum Path in a matrix from a given cell in the top row to a given cell in the bottom row. From a cell we could only move down, down left, downRight
Round 2 (Domain Interview)
This was a technical round that started with the introduction and project explanations.
Then Basic CS fundamental questions related to:-
CN – OSI Model and its layers
OS – Process vs Thread, Multithreading
1. Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance, and real-world examples of these.
2. Abstract classes and why did we need them when the inheritance was there?
Others – What is DevOps, UML Diagrams.
Coding Question – Print all palindromic substrings of a given string
SQL Query- A simple group by the query (There is a table with people and places traveled, I had to print the person with max distinct places traveled).
At last, the interviewer asked if I had any questions – I asked a few (Always ask questions at the end of the interview)
After one and a half hours I got a call for the next round.
Round 3 (Core Values Round)
This was a short behavioral round of 25 mins which again started with introduction and project/internship explanations.
Then he threw some situation based questions like –
1. If you and your peer have some conflict of thoughts, how have would you react and resolve it.
2. Tell me any real-life experience of yours where you had a conflict with your fellow-mate? How you resolved it?
and some other questions which I don’t remember exactly…
At last, he asked if I had any questions so I asked a few (I remember at last I asked about location preference if selected to which he answered that he would be happy to have me at any location, which kinda gave me some idea that I would be selected : )
After 2 days I got a call from HR that I was selected : )
The only tip I would give is to keep your basics clear and BE CONFIDENT in giving answers, explaining projects and internships. They are looking for confident folks.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...