Samsung R&D Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Hi Geeks, I am Final Year Student, So I am sharing my complete virtual interview experience with SRIN (Samsung Research Institute Noida). The company visited us on campus in the month of Dec 2021. The hiring was for the role of R&D Engineer for office in Noida. The complete process consisted of 3 rounds as listed:
Round 1(Coding Test): This round was conducted on the cocubes platform and it was consisting of 3 questions from Data Structures & Algorithms with 3, 5, and 5 marks. The questions are mentioned below :
Around 39 students gave this exam and 19 were shortlisted For the interview. The duration of the test was 70 minutes. (speed matters here – I solved all ques in 30 min). It was a pretty easy round and the placement cell of my institute informed us about the shortlisted students.
Round 2(Technical Round): The interviewer introduced himself first and then asked about me, he then started asking me questions related to my projects which I mentioned on my resume and he grilled me on this for 30 minutes and got into deep that how this functionality working/implemented and why you used this tech-stack only etc .
- Then he asked me some questions on Operating System like what is process and threads, What is multithreading.
- After this, he asked me Hourglasses Puzzle.
- After this he gave me a question, You are given a odd length char array consisting of abababa…. type, Calculate Total no. of palindromes. and i figured out a basic formula to calculate this.
- Similar Problem (Upper Version ) – Count Palindrome
Overall this was an easy round and it lasted for around 1 hour 10 mins.
Round 3 (HR Round): In this he basically asked some HR questions like :
- Why Samsung
- Where do you see yourself in next 5 years.
and completed some basic HR Formalities. Overall, He was satisfied with my answers.
Finally, 13 out 19 candidates were selected and i was one of them.
Thank You GeeksForGeeks
Verdict – Selected