Samsung Noida R & D came to our campus for SLI+FTE.
Round 1: Coding Round
It was a 3 hours coding round which had one question to solve and the maximum number of submissions allowed was 50, but we could compile it as much as we want. No STL is allowed.
The question was :
A binary matrix of nxm was given, you have to toggle any column k number of times so that you can get the maximum number of rows having all 1’s.
for eg, n=3, m=3,
1 0 0
1 0 1
1 0 0
if k=2, then we will toggle column 2 and 3 once and we will get rows 1 and 3 with 1 1 1 and 1 1 1 i.e. all 1’s so answer is 2 as there are 2 rows with all 1’s.
if k=3, then we will toggle column 2 thrice and we will get row 2 with 1 1 1 i.e. all 1’s so answer is 1 as there is 1 row with all 1’s.
Only those students who passed all the test cases were shortlisted for the interviews.
Round 2: Technical Interview
This round lasted for about 30-45 minutes.
Tell me about yourself.
What was the question in the coding round and how did you solve it, what was your approach?
OOPs concepts, Polymorphism (static and Dynamic) with real-life examples and then gave a code and asked to find out where is polymorphism applied.
Pseudo code for BUBBLE SORT and dry run it.
Difference between thread and process, ways of implementing a thread in java(Runnable interface or extending thread class).
Constructors in java and use of “super” keyword.
Write a pseudocode to remove all occurrences of a given character from a string without using extra space. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/remove-all-occurrences-of-a-character-in-a-string
- Project related questions. MVC architecture, what is a collection? Data structures used in the project.
Round 3: HR Round
Questions related to hometown, college.
Do you know anything about blockchain??
Anything which you would like to ask.
The Final list was released after a day and 5 students were selected for SLI+FTE. I was one of them.
- Samsung Interview Experience | (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 9 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 33 (R & D Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience - R & D Noida (Off - Campus)
- Samsung R & D Noida Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 34 (On-Campus for R&D Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 39 (On-Campus for R & D Noida)
- Samsung Noida R & D On Campus Internship Interview Experience
- Samsung R&D Institute Noida(SRIN) Internship interview experience
- Samsung Research Institute, Noida Interview Experience (Software Engineer)
- Samsung Interview Experience (SRI-Noida On-campus 2018 ,Engineer role )
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.