Samsung Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Samsung Research Institute Bangalore visited our campus for internships. There were 3 rounds in total.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Branch: CS, IT, ETC, EE
- CGPA must be greater than 7 and equal to and no active backlogs
Round 1: Online Coding round
The round was of 70 min duration and consist of 3 coding problems on the Cocubes Platform. There were many sets of problems and most of the people get different problems. Those I got were:
- Given an Arithmetic Progression with one number missing, return the missing element
- Given a tree, find the top view of the tree and return the linked list which contains nodes from left to right.
- Given a tree and a number k, find the number of nodes with left subtree all nodes sum greater than equal to k.
Only 2 test cases are visible and the final verdict was not shown. Those who managed to solve all three were qualified for the next round. A total of 25 students were selected for the next round.
Round 2: Technical Interview Round 1
This round was held on skype, the interviewer was of a very friendly nature, he started with introducing himself and without my introduction :
- He asked me about my strong point, I mentioned Competitive Programming and DSA.
- Best time to buy and sell stock to get maximum profit
- Only one time we can buy
- At a time at most one stock can buy and after selling that one can buy next
- Graph :
- Detecting cycle in a directed graph
- Detecting cycle in an undirected graph
- Topological sort
- Binary search tree, binary search, lower_bound, upper_bound
- Virtual Function
The interviewer just want to know how I approach or explain any problem, he was providing me some hints when I get stuck anywhere 21 students were selected for the next round
Round 3: Technical Interview Round 2
This round was also held on skype. The interview was very friendly, starting with his introduction, and asked from where I am, he moved to the first problem :
- Minimum cost to reach bottom-right corner starting from top-left of a matrix, where every cell represents a cost to cover that one:
- Two types of moves were allowed right and bottom
- Three types of moves were allowed right, bottom, and diagonally
- Given a string, it consists of only two types of characters 1 and 2 . Make a new string by replacing every 1 by 11 and two consecutive two to only single
- No restriction on extra space
- If the length of the string is increasing use extra space only up to increase in characters
This round was quite easy and only for 15 mins for me but for others, it was 1 hr at least. A total of 18 students were finally selected, I was one of them.