Write a recursive function to print reverse of a given string.
skeeG rof skeeG
Explanation: Recursive function (reverse) takes string pointer (str) as input and calls itself with next location to passed pointer (str+1). Recursion continues this way, when pointer reaches ‘\0’, all functions accumulated in stack print char at passed location (str) and return one by one.
Time Complexity: O(n)
See Reverse a string for other methods to reverse string.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Return maximum occurring character in an input string
- Print all the duplicates in the input string
- Remove characters from the first string which are present in the second string
- Remove duplicates from a given string
- Write a program to print all permutations of a given string
- Divide a string in N equal parts
- Given a string, find its first non-repeating character
- Write a program to reverse an array or string
- Print list items containing all characters of a given word
- Reverse words in a given string
- Find the smallest window in a string containing all characters of another string
- Print all permutations with repetition of characters
- Print all interleavings of given two strings
- Lexicographic rank of a string
- Print all permutations in sorted (lexicographic) order
- An in-place algorithm for String Transformation
- Given a sequence of words, print all anagrams together | Set 1
- Given a sequence of words, print all anagrams together | Set 2
- Count words in a given string
- String matching where one string contains wildcard characters