Given a string of digits, remove leading zeros from it.
Input : 00000123569 Output : 123569 Input : 000012356090 Output : 12356090
1) Count leading zeros.
2) Use StringBuffer replace function to remove characters equal to above count.
This article is contributed by Mr. Somesh Awasthi. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Trim (Remove leading and trailing spaces) a string in Java
- How to remove all white spaces from a String in Java?
- Remove all non-alphabetical characters of a String in Java
- Remove extra delimiter from a String in Java
- Remove a given word from a String
- Dictionary remove() Method in Java
- WeakHashMap remove() method in Java
- ConcurrentSkipListSet remove() method in Java
- ConcurrentLinkedQueue remove() method in Java
- Remove all elements from the ArrayList in Java
- ArrayDeque remove() Method in Java
- Queue remove() method in Java
- How to Remove Duplicates from ArrayList in Java
- How to remove an element from ArrayList in Java?
- Stack remove(int) method in Java with Example
Improved By : Sanjeev Kumar Jha