Python: Python is a high level interpreted and object-oriented programming language that enormous library support and is used for developing standalone programs and scripting algorithms for various domains. It was created by Guido Van Rossum and released its first version in the year 1990.
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor invented in the year of 1995 also known as PHP, it is a server-side scripting language. It is used for creating dynamic HTML content over the web. It is popularly used for generating XML documents, Flash animations, graphics, PDF files and much more.
Ease Of Use
- Python is powerful, portable, open source and is relatively easy to learn and fun to use. It has many features that other programming languages do not support. It’s syntax is simpler and code is more readable in Python compared to other programming languages like PHP, C and C++.
- PHP is not used for general purpose programming, and is only used for creating dynamic web content with html. Only reason to stick with PHP is it’s ease of use.
Python vs PHP
|Learning||Python is better than PHP in long term project.||PHP has low learning curve, it is easy to get started with PHP.|
|Framework||Compare to PHP Python has lower number of Frameworks. Popular ones are DJango, Flask.||PHP has huge number of framework. Popular ones are Laravel, Slim.|
|Syntax||Syntax is easy to remember almost similar to human language.||Syntax is little bit uncommon compare to Python, it has wide range of naming convention.|
|Key Features||Less line no of code, Rapid deployment and dynamic typing.||Open Source and easy deployment.|
|Language type||It is a general purpose programing language.||It is a web development programing language.|
|Populer Field||Machine Learning, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Automation task.||Choice of language in web development.|
|Maintain||Comnpare to PHP it’s more easy to maintain.||Little bit dificult to maintain.|
|Populrity Pace||After 2016 Python’s popularity is increasing rapidly.||At the same time PHP loosing it’s popularity on stack overflow.|
- Python has grown in field of CGI scripting and in few years it has become one of the most widely used programming languages for Web Development.
- Whereas PHP on other hand is new to web scripting. Though PHP is powerful programming language when it was originally released, it would provide same extensibility features.
Both PHP and Python without any doubt are most preferred programming languages for backend web development, but their own distinguishing points. PHP is based on object-oriented programming whereas Python is both object-oriented and procedure-oriented programming. Python is a general-purpose programming language used for backend web development. On the other hand, PHP is not designed for general-purpose programming it is only used for backend web development. The only reason for sticking with PHP is its ease of use and robustness.
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Any & All in Python
- Python | a += b is not always a = a + b
- pow() in Python
- gcd() in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Akanksha_Rai