Python has many utility functions in its libraries that always help us to achieve some common day-day task. Let’s see the working of string
isupper() method which actually checks if all characters in the string are uppercase.
Syntax : string.isupper()
Parameters : None
Returns : True if all the letters in the string are in upper case and False if even one of them is in lower case.
Code #1 : Demonstrating the working of isupper()
Is GEEKSFORGEEKS full uppercase ? : True Is Geeksforgeeks full uppercase ? : False
Practical Application: This function can be used in many ways and has many practical applications. One such application for checking the upper cases, checking Abbreviations (usually upper case), checking for correctness of sentence which requires all upper cases. Demonstrated below is small example showing the application of isupper() method.
Code #2 : Demonstrating the practical application of isupper()
Number of abbreviations in this sentence is : 3
- Python String Methods | Set 1 (find, rfind, startwith, endwith, islower, isupper, lower, upper, swapcase & title)
- numpy string operations | isupper() function
- isupper(), islower(), lower(), upper() in Python and their applications
- Python string | capwords() method
- Python String | islower() method
- Python String | lstrip() method
- Python String Title method
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- String slicing in Python to rotate a string
- Python String
- Python String | max()
- Python String | min()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.