Python has many utility functions in its libraries that always help us to achieve some common day-day task. Let’s see the working of string
islower() method which actually checks if all characters in the string are lowercase.
Syntax : string.islower()
Parameters : None
Returns : True if all the letters in the string are in lower case and False if even one of them is in upper case.
Code #1 : Demonstrating the working of islower()
Is geeksforgeeks full lower ? : True Is Geeksforgeeks full lower ? : False
Practical Application: This function can be used in many ways and has many practical applications. One such application being checking for lower cases, checking proper nouns, checking for correctness of sentence which requires all lower cases. Demonstrated below is small example showing the application of
Code #2 : Demonstrating the practical application of islower() method
Number of proper nouns in this sentence is : 3
- Python String Methods | Set 1 (find, rfind, startwith, endwith, islower, isupper, lower, upper, swapcase & title)
- numpy string operations | islower() function
- isupper(), islower(), lower(), upper() in Python and their applications
- Python String | isupper() method
- Python String | lstrip() method
- Python string | capwords() method
- Python String Title method
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- String slicing in Python to rotate a string
- Python | Add one string to another
- Python String | max()
- Python String | min()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.