Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
To work with the slider you first have to import the module which consists all features, functions of the slider i.e.
Basic Approach to follow while creating Slider –
1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import BoxLayout 4) set minimum version(optional) 5) Extend the class 6) set up .kv file (name same as the Slider.kv) 7) Run an instance of the class
Below is the code implementing slider with .kv file:
Now the .kv file :
For slider without .kv file, refer – Python | Slider widget in Kivy
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Slider widget in Kivy
- Python | Create Box Layout widget using .kv file
- Python | Switch widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Spinner widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Popup widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Progressbar widget in kivy using .kv file
- PyQt5 QDial - Setting Slider's Value
- PyQt5 QDial - Getting Slider's Value
- PyQt5 QDial - Slider's Value Changed Signal
- PyQt5 QScrollBar – Slider Moved Signal
- PyQt5 QScrollBar – Slider Change
- PyQt5 QScrollBar – Checking Slider Down Property
- PyQt5 QScrollBar – Setting Slider Down Property
- PyQt5 QScrollBar – Getting Slider Position
- PyQt5 QScrollBar – Setting Slider Position
- PyQt5 QScrollBar – Slider Released Signal
- PyQt5 QScrollBar – Slider Pressed Signal
- How to make Range Slider and Selector in Plotly?
- reStructuredText | .rst file to HTML file using Python for Documentations
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ManasChhabra2