Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, Linux and Windows, etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
The Carousel widget provides the classic mobile-friendly carousel view where you can swipe between slides. You can add any content to the carousel and have it move horizontally or vertically. The carousel can display pages in a sequence or a loop.
To work with this widget you must have to import:
from kivy.uix.carousel import Carousel
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivy App 3) import Gridlayout 4) import Carousel 5) set minimum version(optional) 6) Create as much as widget class as needed 7) create the App class 8) return the widget/layout etc class 9) Create Carousel.kv file: 1) Create button( or what is needed) 2) Arrange the on_release / on_press function 10) Run an instance of the class
In the below example we are creating the buttons in the App. In this we used
Animate to the next slide.
Animate to the previous slide.
Implementation of the Approach:
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy
- Python | Spinner widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Popup widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Switch widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Progressbar widget in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Progress Bar widget in kivy
- Python | Add image widget in Kivy
- Python | Spinner widget in kivy
- Python | Textinput widget in kivy
- Python | Popup widget in Kivy
- Python | Switch widget in Kivy
- Python | BoxLayout widget in Kivy
- Python | Slider widget in Kivy
- Python | Scrollview widget in kivy
- Python | Checkbox widget in Kivy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ManasChhabra2