Given a string S of lower case characters. The task is to check whether a the given string is Heterogram or not. A heterogram is a word, phrase, or sentence in which no letter of the alphabet occurs more than once.
Input : S = "the big dwarf only jumps" Output : Yes Each alphabet in the string S is occurred only once. Input : S = "geeksforgeeks" Output : No Since alphabet 'g', 'e', 'k', 's' occurred more than once.
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Check whether a given string is Heterogram or not link. We can solve this problem quickly in python using Set data structure. Approach is very simple,
- To check sentence is heterogram or not we only concern about alphabets not any other character, so we separate out list of all alphabets present in sentence.
- Convert list of alphabets into set because set contains unique values, if length of set is equal to number of alphabets that means each alphabet occured once then sentence is heterogram, otherwise not.
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- Python | Check for URL in a String
- Python | Check whether string contains only numbers or not
- Python | Check if a variable is string
- Python | Check for float string
- Python | Check for ASCII string
- Python | Check if given string is numeric or not
- Python | Check if string repeats itself
- Python set to check if string is panagram
- Python | Check for spaces in string
- Python | Check Numeric Suffix in String
- Python program to check if a string is palindrome or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.