lower() method converts all uppercase characters in a string into lowercase characters and returns it.
lower()method doesn’t take any parameters.
returns a lowercased string of the given string
CODE 1: String with only alphabetic characters
Original String: GeEks FOR geeKS Converted string: geeks for geeks
CODE 2: String with alphanumeric characters
Original String: G3Ek5 F0R gE3K5 Converted String: g3ek5 f0r ge3k5
Application: One of the common application of lower() method is to check if the two strings are same or not
Strings are same
- Python String Methods | Set 1 (find, rfind, startwith, endwith, islower, isupper, lower, upper, swapcase & title)
- numpy string operations | lower() function
- Python | Pandas Series.str.lower(), upper() and title()
- isupper(), islower(), lower(), upper() in Python and their applications
- Python program to count upper and lower case characters without using inbuilt functions
- Python regex to find sequences of one upper case letter followed by lower case letters
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Sorting string using order defined by another string
- String slicing in Python to rotate a string
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- Python String
- Python String | max()
- Python | Add one string to another
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.