Prerequisite: Regular expression in Python
Given an input, write a Python program to check whether the given Input is Floating point number or not.
Input: 1.20 Output: Floating point number Input: -2.356 Output: Floating point number Input: 0.2 Output: Floating point number Input: -3 Output: Not a Floating point number
In this program, we are using
search() method of re module.
re.search() : This method either returns None (if the pattern doesn’t match), or
re.MatchObject that contains information about the matching part of the string. This method stops after the first match, so this is best suited for testing a regular expression more than extracting data.
Let’s see the Python program for this :
Floating point number Floating point number Floating point number Not a Floating point number
- Floating point error in Python
- Python | Check if string matches regex list
- The most occurring number in a string using Regex in python
- Python program to represent floating number as hexadecimal by IEEE 754 standard
- Verbose in Python Regex
- Python Program for Number of jump required of given length to reach a point of form (d, 0) from origin in 2D plane
- Name validation using IGNORECASE in Python Regex
- Python Regex: re.search() VS re.findall()
- Pattern matching in Python with Regex
- Python program to convert floating to binary
- Python | Parse a website with regex and urllib
- Python | Program that matches a word containing 'g' followed by one or more e's using regex
- Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string using Python Regex
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string
- Python | Swap Name and Date using Group Capturing in Regex
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.