Prerequisite: Regular expression in Python
Given an input, write a Python program to check whether the given Input is Floating point number or not.
Input: 1.20 Output: Floating point number Input: -2.356 Output: Floating point number Input: 0.2 Output: Floating point number Input: -3 Output: Not a Floating point number
In this program, we are using
search() method of re module.
re.search() : This method either returns None (if the pattern doesn’t match), or
re.MatchObject that contains information about the matching part of the string. This method stops after the first match, so this is best suited for testing a regular expression more than extracting data.
Let’s see the Python program for this :
Floating point number Floating point number Floating point number Not a Floating point number
- Floating point error in Python
- Compute the natural logarithm of one plus each element in floating-point accuracy Using NumPy
- Python | Check if string matches regex list
- How to check if a string starts with a substring using regex in Python?
- Python - Check if String Contain Only Defined Characters using Regex
- Python program to check whether a number is Prime or not
- Connect new point to the previous point on a image with a straight line in Opencv-Python
- Python program to represent floating number as hexadecimal by IEEE 754 standard
- The most occurring number in a string using Regex in python
- Check whether a number has consecutive 0's in the given base or not
- Python Set | Check whether a given string is Heterogram or not
- Python | Check whether a string is valid json or not
- Python | Check whether string contains only numbers or not
- Python | Check whether two lists follow same pattern or not
- Python - Check whether a string starts and ends with the same character or not (using Regular Expression)
- Python - Check whether the given List forms Contiguous Distinct Sub-Array or Not
- Python PRAW – Check whether a redditor has Reddit premium or not
- How to check whether the day is a weekday or not using Pandas in Python?
- Python program to convert floating to binary
- Floating Action type button in kivy - Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.