Python program to Split a string based on a delimiter and join the string using another delimiter.
Split a string can be quite useful sometimes, especially when you need only certain parts of strings. A simple yet effective example is splitting the First-name and Last-name of a person. Another application is CSV(Comma Separated Files). We use split to get data from CSV and join to write data to CSV.
Split the string into list of strings Input : Geeks for Geeks Output : ['Geeks', 'for', 'Geeks'] Join the list of strings into a string based on delimiter ('-') Input : ['Geeks', 'for', 'Geeks'] Output : Geeks-for-Geeks
Below is Python code to Split and Join the string based on a delimiter :
['Geeks', 'for', 'Geeks'] Geeks-for-Geeks
- Python | Pandas str.join() to join string/list elements with passed delimiter
- Python String | split()
- How to split a string in C/C++, Python and Java?
- Python String Methods | Set 2 (len, count, center, ljust, rjust, isalpha, isalnum, isspace & join)
- Python | Split given string into equal halves
- Python | String Split including spaces
- Python | Split string into list of characters
- Python | Split string on Kth Occurrence of Character
- Python | Split multiple characters from string
- Split a string in equal parts (grouper in Python)
- Python | Split CamelCase string to individual strings
- Python | Split strings and digits from string list
- Python | Split string in groups of n consecutive characters
- Python Program to Split the array and add the first part to the end
- Python | Pandas Split strings into two List/Columns using str.split()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.