Some times, we come over the data that is in string format in a list and it is required to convert it into list of list. This kind of problem of converting a list of strings to nested list is quite common in web development. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this can be performed.
Method #1: Using iteration
[[‘Geeeks’, ‘Forgeeks’], [‘65.7492’, ‘62.5405’], [‘Geeks’, ‘123’], [‘555.7492’, ‘152.5406’]]
Method #2 : Using
ast [list with numeric values]
[[12, 454], [15.72, 82.85], [52.236, 25256], [95.9492, 72.906]]
- Python | Convert a nested list into a flat list
- Python | Convert list of nested dictionary into Pandas dataframe
- Python | Check if a nested list is a subset of another nested list
- Python | Pair and combine nested list to tuple list
- Python | Find maximum length sub-list in a nested list
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of list
- Python | Convert list of string to list of list
- Python | Convert list of string into sorted list of integer
- Python | Convert list of numerical string to list of Integers
- Python | Convert 1D list to 2D list of variable length
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of strings
- Python | Convert list of strings to list of tuples
- Python | Convert a string representation of list into list
- Python | Convert string enclosed list to list
- Python | Convert list into list of lists
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.