Given a list, print all the unique numbers in any order.
Input : 10 20 10 30 40 40 Output : 10 20 30 40 Input : 1 2 1 1 3 4 3 3 5 Output : 1 2 3 4 5
Method 1 : Traversal of list
Using traversal, we can traverse for every element in the list and check if the element is in the unique_list already if it is not over there, then we can append it in the unique_list. This is done using one for loop and other if statement which check if the value is in the unique list or not which is equivalent to another for loop.
the unique values from 1st list is 10 20 30 40 the unique values from 2nd list is 1 2 3 4 5
Method 2 : Using Set
Using set() property of Python, we can easily check for the unique values. Insert the values of the list in a set. Set only stores a value once even if it is inserted more then once. After inserting all the values in the set by list_set=set(list1), convert this set to a list to print it.
the unique values from 1st list is 40 10 20 30 the unique values from 2nd list is 1 2 3 4 5
Method 3 : Using numpy.unique
Using Python’s import numpy, the unique elements in the array are also obtained. In first step convert the list to x=numpy.array(list) and then use numpy.unique(x) function to get the unique values from the list. numpy.unique() returns only the unique values in the list.
the unique values from 1st list is [10 20 30 40] the unique values from 2nd list is [1 2 3 4 5]
- Python | Get Unique values from list of dictionary
- Python | Unique values in Matrix
- Python | Test if dictionary contains unique keys and values
- Python | Remove all values from a list present in other list
- Python | Get unique tuples from list
- Python | Assign ids to each unique value in a list
- Python | Unique pairs in list
- Python | Check if list contains all unique elements
- Python | Assign value to unique number in list
- Python | Unique dictionary filter in list
- Python | Count unique sublists within list
- Python | Sort the values of first list using second list
- Python | Remove None values from list
- Python | Filter even values from a list
- Python | Get values of particular key in list of dictionaries
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.