e^x = 1 + x/1! + x^2/2! + x^3/3! + ......
How to efficiently calculate the sum of above series?
The series can be re-written as
e^x = 1 + (x/1) (1 + (x/2) (1 + (x/3) (........) ) )
Let the sum needs to be calculated for n terms, we can calculate sum using following loop.
for (i = n - 1, sum = 1; i > 0; --i ) sum = 1 + x * sum / i;
Following is implementation of the above idea.
e^x = 2.718282
This article is compiled by Rahul and reviewed by GeeksforGeeks team. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Measure one litre using two vessels and infinite water supply
- Efficient program to print all prime factors of a given number
- Find the largest multiple of 2, 3 and 5
- Program to convert a given number to words
- Space and time efficient Binomial Coefficient
- Number of Permutations such that no Three Terms forms Increasing Subsequence
- Check if the first and last digit of the smallest number forms a prime
- Print all substring of a number without any conversion
- Complement of a number with any base b
- Check if Decimal representation of an Octal number is divisible by 7