Given a number n, find n-th Fibonacci Number. Note that F0 = 0, F1 = 1, F2 = 2, …..
Input : n = 5 Output : 5 Input : n = 10 Output : 89
We have discussed below recursive solution in method 4 of Program for Fibonacci numbers.
F = |1, 1| |1, 0| M = |1, 1| |1, 0| F[n][n] = fib(n) | fib(n-1) ------------------ fib(n-1)| fib(n-2)
In this post an iterative method is discussed that avoids extra recursion call stack space. We have also used bitwise operators to further optimize. In the previous method, we divide the number with 2 so that at the end we get 1 and then we start the multiplication process
In this method we get the second MSB then start to multiply with FxF matrix then if bit is set then multiply again FxM matrix and so on. then we get the final result.
Approach : 1. First get the MSB of a number. 2. while (MSB > 0) multiply(F, F); if (n & MSB) multiply(F, M); and then shift MSB till MSB != 0
Time Complexity :- O(logn) and space complexity :- O(1).
- An efficient way to check whether n-th Fibonacci number is multiple of 10
- Space and time efficient Binomial Coefficient
- Write an Efficient Method to Check if a Number is Multiple of 3
- Count Fibonacci numbers in given range in O(Log n) time and O(1) space
- Check if a M-th fibonacci number divides N-th fibonacci number
- Check if a given number is Pronic | Efficient Approach
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Efficient program to print the number of factors of n numbers
- Efficient program to print all prime factors of a given number
- Number of ways to represent a number as sum of k fibonacci numbers
- Finding number of digits in n'th Fibonacci number
- Nth Even Fibonacci Number
- Fibonacci number in an array
- n'th multiple of a number in Fibonacci Series
- Python Program for n-th Fibonacci number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.