Note: This post contains codes that cannot be run using an online compiler. Please make sure that you have Python 2.7 and cv2 module installed before trying to run the program on your system.
Hi everyone! I read a brilliant work by Aditya Prakash – OpenCV C++ Program to blur an image, so I decided to come up with something similar but this time in Python. So, here is a very simple program with basically the same result.
Now, this program above is using image blurring technique called Averaging.There are some other options available as well – Gaussian Blurring, Median Blurring, Bilateral Filtering. Let’s make a couple of additions in our program and compare the results.
Hope you enjoyed the post! Auf Wiedersehen!
About the author:
Vishwesh Shrimali is an Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering student at BITS Pilani. He fulfils about all the requirements not taught in his branch- white hat hacker, network security operator, and an ex – Competitive Programmer. As a firm believer in power of Python, his majority work has been in the same language. Whenever he get some time apart from programming, attending classes, watching CSI Cyber, he go for a long walk and play guitar in silence. His motto of life is – “Enjoy your life, ‘cause it’s worth enjoying!”
If you also wish to showcase your blog here, please see GBlog for guest blog writing on GeeksforGeeks.
- OpenCV C++ Program to blur an image
- OpenCV C++ Program to blur a Video
- OpenCV | Motion Blur in Python
- OpenCV Python Program to analyze an image using Histogram
- Python | OpenCV program to read and save an Image
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Image Resizing using OpenCV | Python
- Image Translation using OpenCV | Python
- Python | Image blurring using OpenCV
- Reading an image in OpenCV using Python
- Image Registration using OpenCV | Python
- Image Pyramid using OpenCV | Python
- Image Processing without OpenCV | Python
- Cartooning an Image using OpenCV - Python
- OpenCV C++ Program to create a single colored blank image