Software Design Engineer role is for product development team at Newgen. It’s an product based company.
This interview happened during lockdown – August 2020 , so the whole process was virtual and was taken in Hirepro platform. There were two written rounds and two interviews : one technical and one HR respectively.
1st Written Round : Aptitude round
This was simple round, adequate time was available and question were also from easy to medium side. There was no negative marking. Question were from basic mathematical aptitude, reasoning, English and few technical question covering OOPS concept, SQL queries and output based questions. Sufficient time was available, I completed the test when there was still 10-20 minutes remaining. Total time given was 90 minutes.
2nd Written Round : Psychometric Round
Psychometric round mainly consists of behavioral questions. The trick to clearing this is to be consistent with your answer throughout the test, don’t fluctuate between questions. And to do that answer quickly, don’t think much about the time. Time for this round was 40 minutes, I completed it in 10 minutes. Hurray !
1st Interview : Technical Interview
As said it was all virtual. Duration was around 20-25 minutes. Advice : Dress smartly, have adequate lightning and not much noise disturbance. There was editor attached to interview window, no restriction to language which you want to use ( C , C++, java and python were available, among many others ).
Questions asked were:
1. Tell me about yourself, Then your favorite CS subject. I answered Data Structure, so he asked me what is difference in stack and queue. With some of the other students, they was asked to explain there projects. Questions were simple, but I think in virtual interview the bottleneck is how well are you able to communicate your ideas.
2. Linked list implementation of stack.
3. What is polymorphism ? Implement compile time and run time polymorphism.
2nd Interview : HR Interview
It took for around 15 minutes. General questions where tell me about yourself , what is Newgen and then he himself explained about Newgen . And asked whether you have laptop with you , and that you would require Broadband connectivity if you join Newgen while working from home. They do provide laptop but needs to be collected from their office, as of now.
The overall process was smooth, and was completed within two week.
All the best!
- Newgen Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus for Software Engineer)
- Newgen Software Technology Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Newgen Interview Experience | Off-Campus
- Mahindra Comviva Interview Experience 2020 (Product/Software Development OffCampus)
- Amazon Interview Experience | SDE-1 offcampus
- Amazon Interview Experience Offcampus for SDE-1
- Cohesity Interview Experience (Software Engineer - API Design)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off Campus for Software Engineer-1)
- Ongrid Software Interview Experience for Software Engineer(On-Campus)
- Intellect Design Arena Interview Experience (On Campus for Consultant)
- Akamai Interview Experience | Set 1 (For the role of Associate Network Infrastructure Engineer or Associate Network Operations Engineer)
- Oracle Interview Experience | On Campus for Application engineer/Server Technology Engineer
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 5 (For Platform Software Engineer)
- Jabong Interview Experience for Software Development Engineer
- Quikr Interview Experience for Software Engineer Position in Bangalore
- Snapdeal Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 2)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.