Following are 4 rounds which had been conducted in off-campus as well as in on-campus placement drive of Newgen Software Technologies (Noida):
Round 1 (Aptitude Test):
The first round was an Aptitude test which contained Quantitative Aptitude questions, general English verbal questions and questions based on Data Interpretation. First round lasted about 1 hour, where candidates were provided printed question paper and we had to submit our answers on separate answer sheets.
1. You can refer to practice section of GeeksforGeeks for the practice of general aptitude questions that will be enough to clear this round easily.
2. Attempt every question because no negative marking was in this round. Practice some questions on your own to increase your problem solving speed.
Round 2 (Psychometric Test):
This round was again an offline round. In this round a printed question paper was provided with psychometric questions (More than 80 questions). We had to attempt this within 30 minutes of time so this test was to know your natural decisions and behavior which should be taken in fixed span of time. Questions were easy and answer solely depends on the candidate.
After these two rounds candidates were not shortlisted but their answer sheets were evaluated by Newgen’s recruitment team. These scores were sent to interviewer for the next round and contains some weightage in the recruitment.
Round 3 (Technical Round):
(1) In Java, I was asked to write program for polymorphism and inheritance. Some basic questions on OOP’s concept were asked. I was asked to write a program to check the string is palindrome or not.
(3) In SQL , simple queries were asked based on ‘order by’ and top function. One question was to find top 10 employees with respect to salary.
(4) My project was based on Android so only one question was asked from that which was to explain my project and how I did that?
(5) 2 puzzles were asked at the end of the interview (a) You have 3 boxes with incorrect labels on that and one box contains only oranges, another one contains only apples and third one contains mixture of apple and orange then we have to correct the labels of them. (b) Second question was same to the 3 bulbs and 3 switches puzzle. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-7-3-bulbs-and-3-switches/
Round 4 (HR):
In this round, recruiters were noticing confidence level, communication skills and how much do you know about them already (i.e. have you done some research to know about them or not).
If you have checked these 3 things then you are selected in HR round.
My Interview Result: HIRED.
- Newgen Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus for Software Engineer)
- Newgen Software Technology Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Amazon Interview Experience Offcampus for SDE-1
- Amazon Interview Experience | SDE-1 offcampus
- Mahindra Comviva Interview Experience 2020 (Product/Software Development OffCampus)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Samsung R&D Bangalore Interview Experience | Lateral hire (6 month experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Paytm Java Interview Experience( 2-4 year Experience during COVID19 )
- Nagarro Interview Experience for Xamarin Developer | 3 Years Experience
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.