Newgen Software Interview Experience for Software Engineer | On-Campus 2021 (Virtual)
Newgen is a leading company that provides a low code digital automation platform.
- Formal Schooling (Shouldn’t be a pass out of NIOS or any open schooling).
- The gap of a maximum of 2 years in education.
- No Diploma Holders.
- UG/PG: 60% and above.
- 10th & 12th CBSE Board: 90% and above.
- 10th & 12th Other Boards: 80% and above.
Round 1(Online assessment): It was conducted on HirePro platform. The test duration was 100 mins.
- Aptitude: 25 questions 35 mins
- English: 25 questions 30 mins
- Technical: 25 questions 35 mins
The difficulty level was medium to hard.
Round 2(Psychometric Test): After clearing round 1, an email was received to take a psychometric test on the same day. This test was of 60 minutes. It consists of 80-100 questions which are based on the behavioral aspect. It consists of statements. You need to select a statement that you more likely to agree with. These questions do not have any right or wrong answers, rather they judge your personality and ability to deal with certain situations. There was a question in which you need to select exactly 10 adjectives from a list that describes you more closely.
Round 3(PPT And Technical Interviews): The shortlisted students will be invited for a pre-placement talk. You will receive a video interview invite a day before. Technical interviews will begin after PPT. The interview was one on one.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Can java be connected to a database? How to connect?
- Write the steps and syntax for JDBC connectivity
- What are abstraction and polymorphism? Explained with example.
- Types of database commands. Told DDL, DML, DCL, TCL.
- How to recover data from the database after a failure. Told about checkpoints and save points.
- What happens if we execute revoke just after commit.
- Write an SQL query to update the table test with column values to 100
- Write an SQL query to rename a database.
- What is SDLC?
- Write all steps of the Waterfall Model.
- Why the system and unit testing done.
- What are the iterative model and prototype model?
Tell about skills and certifications.
Interview duration: 20-25 mins.
The interviewer kept turning the camera on and off. Also, there were a lot of background noises and disturbance that bothered me but I kept answering. So it is advised to stay unaffected during that time and give your best shot at each answer. The questions were asked one after the other, sometimes the interviewer didn’t let me complete a sentence. This is done intentionally to check your confidence and calmness in a chaotic situation.
Round 4(HR interview): Shortlisted students will get direct mail for a video interview in 3-4 days. The interview was scheduled for 1 pm but it got delayed and I received a confirmation text that it will happen today only but the time will be shared shortly. However, I did not receive any update after that. I waited an entire day and though it is not going to happen at 6.30 pm, I received a call from HR, and I was asked to join after 10 mins.
HR interview was quite simple.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about the kind of person you are.
- Your strengths and weaknesses.
- What is your area of interest?
- Tell me about your family background.
- Where do you live?
- Ready to relocate.
- You may have to join the in-office from January 2021 for internship. Is it okay?
- You may have to wok on Java and database. Are you okay with it?
Any questions for me. I asked about internship and training process at newgen.
Tips. Newgen typically works on Java and database, so thoroughly study them. Regardless of your interest, they will ask you questions on OOPS, DBMS, JAVA, SDLC and SQL queries. Be confident. Emphasize your certifications and achievements. In the HR round, show your willingness to learn. Make sure you clear round1, other things will fall in place automatically.
All the best!
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.