NCR Corporation Interview Experience for SDE (On-Campus)
It consists of five rounds. Written, 2 technical, Managerial, and HR.
Round 1(Written Test and Coding): It consists of 33 multiple choices and 2 coding questions. Multiple choice questions are from C, C++, Java, Data structures, DBMS, Operating systems, and some aptitude questions from profit and loss, percentages, directions, number system, etc which were easy to medium. And it consists of 2 coding questions.
109 members were shortlisted.
Round 2(Technical Round): First a brief self-introduction, and then they asked me to explain oops concepts. They want me to explain each with a real-time example. Then they asked a few questions and they were:
- Implementation of method overloading and method overriding.
- Program to find a unique element in the array, and they asked me to reduce space complexity and then to reduce the time complexity.
- Thread scheduling and CPU scheduling.
- Program to implement the reverse of the linked list.
- Program to find whether the target sum is present in the array, and they asked to reduce space complexity and time complexity.
- Foreign key why is it necessary and use of it.
- Context switching.
Lastly, they asked me if I had any questions. I asked a few questions, they answered them.
30 members were shortlisted
Round 3(Technical Interview): It was for 30 minutes. First a brief self-introduction. They asked me to explain one of my projects and I used Flutter as the front end in this project then they asked why I used flutter and why not some other platform. Then they asked a few questions and they were:
- Hourglasses Puzzle (Given two hourglasses of 4 minutes and 7 minutes, the task is to measure 9 minutes.)
- Why manholes are round?
- Singleton class and how it is implemented.
- Operator overloading example.
- Application of self joins in real-time.
- C++ and java differences.
- The copy constructor and whether it is deep copy or shallow copy.
Round 4(Managerial): First a brief self-introduction. Then I was asked a few questions, they were: • What do you learn from your interview experiences
- About strengths and weaknesses
- What is your greatest achievement till now?
- Is it okay for 5 years bond?
- What will you do if you get an offer from Google, Amazon, etc?
- Define success
- Why NCR
- Why should I hire you
This round was like a friendly discussion, just be honest and confident. Sometimes, your next question is based on your present answer so think and answer, take your own time.
Round 5(HR): First, he asked me to introduce myself and my family details and then hobbies. Then he asked a few questions
- What do you want to be a team leader or team member and why?
- Are you a smart worker or a hard worker?
- What do you like in your college?
Then the process ended. Finally, 18 members were selected, and I was one of them.