NCR Corporation Interview Experience for SDE | Off-Campus 2021
Round 1(Online Test): I got an Interview opportunity by CodeWar it was a coding contest organized on the HackerEarth platform, the question was medium level, it was organized into different slots and every slot had different questions.
- I had two DSA related questions and around 10 MCQ questions related to computer fundamentals and java, I solved all two Algorithmic and MCQ questions.
- Finally, students got selection mail who have solved 1+ programming questions and after resume selection, some students got an Interview opportunity I was one of them.
Round 2(Programming Interview 1): 45 min
In my 1st interview, I was asked 2 programming questions and some OOPS questions.
- 1st question: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/write-a-c-function-to-print-the-middle-of-the-linked-list/
- 2nd question: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/a-program-to-check-if-a-binary-tree-is-bst-or-not/
- OOPS question: what is the use of inheritance, why do we need OOPS
I had written code for the above two questions and explained two approaches of both the question in 45 minute times.
Round(Interview 2): 45 min
In this round, I was asked multiple oops-related questions and I had to explain every concept along with writing Code.
some of the questions are following:-
- Explain polymorphism (I have explained every concept and written code for that)
- Why doesn’t a const method override a non-const method in C++?
- Why can not we pass an object by value to a copy constructor? (I had explained why it will go to infinite loop then written code to demonstrate that)
- Virtual Destructor https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/virtual-destructor/
- what will be the size of an empty class?
I was asked many small questions related to OOPS I can’t remember all.
Round(Managerial Interview): 45 min
I was asked various managerial questions like How I will work in a team? I have explained each and every question by taking my real past Experience.
- I was asked one Puzzle
- I was asked many questions related to subjects like the time complexity of various algorithms (binary search, quick sort, mergesort).
- Why and when we can use quick sort over merge sort?
- Which has better worst-case time complexity unordered map or map?
- what is SDLC?
- Why do we use Agile?
- Some pseudo scenario like how you will work in that scenario?
- How you will solve the conflict in the team.
- How you will present your idea if no one wants to listen?
Round 5(HR Round): 15 min
- Why do you want to join NCR?
- What is the full name of NCR?
- Do you have any current offers?
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
I watched the promotion video of NCR. That video helped me to perform well in the HR round(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvdHrA7tATU)
I have completed my 6 months at NCR Corporation and I can say that this company have very good work culture, Projects, and work-life balance and lots of facilities like free medical, vaccination, etc
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!