I had my onsite rounds with Microsoft.
There were 4 interviews.
Round 1. Given a circular buffer, write Get( ) and Post( ) methods . Get(n) should return the n characters in the string, if ‘n’ elements are not present, it should throw an exception. Put( string s) should put each of the characters of string s into the buffer without overwriting anything which hasn’t been read by Get()
Round 2 Longest common substring from 2 given strings. As I couldn’t give optimal solutions, asked me to write a strcmp(str1, str2) method
Round 3 Write a secure and safe strcpy( ) method . Asked me some theoretical questions about indexing and triggers for sql
Round 4 Write a program which generates XLS column numbers given the column number in decimal.
Input Output 1 A 2 B 26 Z 27 AA 52 AZ 53 BA ...
Good Luck to future interviewers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Cisco Interview Experience Onsite
- Facebook NYC Onsite Interview Experience
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 368 (Phone and Onsite)
- Huawei Interview Experience | OnSite Interview ( 5 years experienced)
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 169 (SDE 2 for 3.5 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 151 (SDE-2 3.5 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 64 (For SDE-2)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 37B
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience
- Microsoft Interview Experience
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 69 (For SDE)
- Microsoft interview Experience | Set 50
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 68 (For SDE)