You are given n straight lines. You have to find maximum number of point of intersection with these n lines.
Input : n = 4 Output : 6 Input : n = 2 Output :1
As we have n number of line, and we have to find maximum point of intersection using these n line. So this can be done using combination. This problem can be think as number of ways to select any two line among n line. As every line intersect with other that is selected.
So, total number of points = nC2
Below is the implementation of above approach:
- Maximum points of intersection n circles
- Program for Point of Intersection of Two Lines
- Find intersection point of lines inside a section
- Minimum lines to cover all points
- Number of triangles formed from a set of points on three lines
- Find whether only two parallel lines contain all coordinates points or not
- Non-crossing lines to connect points in a circle
- Count of different straight lines with total n points with m collinear
- Maximum distinct lines passing through a single point
- Maximum possible intersection by moving centers of line segments
- Count maximum points on same line
- Maximum number of segments that can contain the given points
- Angular Sweep (Maximum points that can be enclosed in a circle of given radius)
- Minimum number of points to be removed to get remaining points on one side of axis
- Count of obtuse angles in a circle with 'k' equidistant points between 2 given points
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.