Prerequisite : Introduction to Artificial Neural Network
This article provides the outline for understanding the Artificial Neural Network.
Characteristics of Artificial Neural Network
- It is neurally implemented mathematical model
- It contains huge number of interconnected processing elements called neurons to do all operations
- Information stored in the neurons are basically the weighted linkage of neurons
- The input signals arrive at the processing elements through connections and connecting weights.
- It has the ability to learn , recall and generalize from the given data by suitable assignment and adjustment of weights.
- The collective behavior of the neurons describes its computational power, and no single neuron carries specific information .
- Implementation of Artificial Neural Network for AND Logic Gate with 2-bit Binary Input
- Implementation of Artificial Neural Network for OR Logic Gate with 2-bit Binary Input
- Implementation of Artificial Neural Network for NAND Logic Gate with 2-bit Binary Input
- Implementation of Artificial Neural Network for NOR Logic Gate with 2-bit Binary Input
- Implementation of Artificial Neural Network for XOR Logic Gate with 2-bit Binary Input
- Implementation of Artificial Neural Network for XNOR Logic Gate with 2-bit Binary Input
- Introduction to ANN (Artificial Neural Networks) | Set 3 (Hybrid Systems)
- Introduction to Recurrent Neural Network
- A single neuron neural network in Python
- Applying Convolutional Neural Network on mnist dataset
- Importance of Convolutional Neural Network | ML
- Neural Network Advances
- ML - Neural Network Implementation in C++ From Scratch
- Choose optimal number of epochs to train a neural network in Keras
- Implementation of neural network from scratch using NumPy
- Difference between Neural Network And Fuzzy Logic
- Deep Neural Network With L - Layers
- ANN - Implementation of Self Organizing Neural Network (SONN) from Scratch
- ANN - Self Organizing Neural Network (SONN)
- ANN - Self Organizing Neural Network (SONN) Learning Algorithm
How simple neuron works ?
Let there are two neurons X and Y which is transmitting signal to another neuron Z . Then , X and Y are input neurons for transmitting signals and Z is output neuron for receiving signal . The input neurons are connected to the output neuron , over a interconnection links ( A and B ) as shown in figure .
For above neuron architecture , the net input has to be calculated in the way .
I = xA + yB
where x and y are the activations of the input neurons X and Y . The output z of the output neuron Z can be obtained by applying activations over the net input .
O = f(I)
Output = Function ( net input calculated )
The function to be applied over the net input is called activation function . There are various activation function possible for this.
Application of Neural Network
1. Every new technology need assistance from previous one i.e. data from previous ones and these data are analyzed so that every pros and cons should be studied correctly . All of these things are possible only through the help of neural network.
2. Neural network is suitable for the research on Animal behavior, predator/prey relationships and population cycles .
3. It would be easier to do proper valuation of property, buildings, automobiles, machinery etc. with the help of neural network.
4. Neural Network can be used in betting on horse races, sporting events and most importantly in stock market .
5. It can be used to predict the correct judgement for any crime by using a large data of crime details as input and the resulting sentences as output.
6. By analyzing data and determining which of the data has any fault ( files diverging from peers ) called as Data mining, cleaning and validation can be achieved through neural network.
7. Neural Network can be used to predict targets with the help of echo patterns we get from sonar, radar, seismic and magnetic instruments .
8. It can be used efficiently in Employee hiring so that any company can hire right employee depending upon the skills the employee has and what should be it’s productivity in future .
9. It has a large application in Medical Research .
10. It can be used to for Fraud Detection regarding credit cards , insurance or taxes by analyzing the past records .
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.