IEEE Full Form
IEEE stands for Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. It is a professional association with nonprofit organization with its headquarter in New York in United States of America. It is composed of engineers, scientists, allied professionals, advancing innovation and technological excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE mainly focuses in the areas Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Information Technology.
On January 1, 1963 IEEE merged with two institutions, the AIEE (American Institute of Electrical Engineers) was founded in 1884 and the IRE (Institute of Radio Engineers) was founded in 1912 to form the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). In the starting, it had 150, 000 members and 140, 000 from the United States.
- IEEE Standards:
- 802 – LAN/MAN
- 802.1 – Media access control (MAC)
- 802.2 – Logical Link Control (LLC)
- 802.3 – Collision Detection in Carrier Sense Multiple Access.
- 802.11 – Wireless Networking “WiFi”
- Compatibility: Able to achieve a performance very similar to that currently offered by Ethernet, meeting the current traffic demands.
- Technical societies: There are various technical areas addressed by IEEE’s 39 societies and each one focused on a certain knowledge area.
- Data communication system is faster than the speed of transportation.
- Multi-path propagation increases the transmission rate and reduces the error incidence.
- Manually fix the modulation used by the transmission.
- Developing standards for computer and electronic industry.
- It is a non-profit professional association and works for the benefit of Humanity.
- It requires periodic maintenance.
- Network security needs to stay secure.
- It has unauthorized use.