There is no use of building a UI in Flutter until you Integrate it with your backend. A GET request is used to extract useful data from your backend to use it in your application. To perform a GET request in Flutter we need to follow 3 steps –
- Get the latest dart Http package.
- Enter the package in pubspec.yaml file in your dependencies section.
- Import the package in your main.dart file.
In the URL part, you can enter your backend Rest API link.
- You can also divide the main.dart file in various sections but for simplicity, it is being performed only in one file.
- A random JSON GET request URL from the Internet has been used here, which can be replaced with any backend Restful API.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.