Form Validation is an important part of every application. In the flutter application, there are many ways to validate form such as using a TextEditingController. But handling text controller for every Input can be messy in big applications. Hence, Form provides us a convenient way to validate user Inputs.
In form, the input is validated in your submit function(the function which is called once the user has entered every detail, But the condition is applied in each TextFormField itself with a widget name validator as shown in the below given example.
The Validator widget takes a function with a parameter that contains the value of the single input and then it checks the condition which is given in the validator function. The key is used in this because there can be many inputs so to connect the widget tree with elementary tree key of type FormState is used.
In the Code below if the input validation in the form Fails, it would lead to the following:
- Implement Form Validation (Error to EditText) in Android
- Designing a Form Submission Page in Flutter
- Getting Started with Cross-Platform Mobile Application using Flutter
- Difference between React Native and Flutter
- Difference Between Rows and Columns vs Container in Flutter
- Multi Page Applications in Flutter
- Routes and Navigator in Flutter
- Container class in Flutter
- Difference Between Stateless and Stateful Widget in Flutter
- Rive animations in Flutter
- ProgressIndicator in Flutter
- Flutter - Stateful vs Stateless Widgets
- Listview.builder in Flutter
- Splash Screen in Flutter
- How to Add images in Flutter App?
- Raised Button widget in Flutter
- Fluttertoast in Flutter
- Flutter - Architecture Application
- Creating a Simple Application in Flutter
- Customizing Fonts in Flutter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.