HTML5 | MathML <mtable> Tag
The MathML <mtable> tag is used to create table or the matrices in HTML5. This tag is similar to the normal HTML <table> tag. The <table> has the <tr>, <td> and <td> tag, similarly it has the <mtr>, <mtd> and <mtd> tag, that act as same as those. But we don’t use the <table> and other sub tags to create the matrices. Here <mtable> is useful to create matrices. Because the MathML is all about the mathematical expression representation in HTML.
<mtable attributes="value"> child elements </mtable>
Attributes: It accepts some attributes which are listed below:
- align: This attribute holds the alignment of the tables. Possible values are axis, baseline, bottom, center and top.
- class|id|style: This attribute is used to hold the styles of the child elements.
- columnalign: This attribute holds the horizontal alignment of the table cells. Possible values are left, right and center.
- columnlines: This attribute holds the border style value for the column-lines. Possible values are none, solid and dashed.
- displaystyle: It is a Boolean value attribute that defines whether more vertical space is used for displayed equations or more compact layout is used to display formulas.
- frame: This attribute holds the border value for the entire table. Possible values are none, solid and dashed.
- framespacing: This attribute defines the space between the table and the frame.
- href: This attribute is used to hold any hyperlink to a specified URL.
- mathbackground: This attribute holds the value of the math expressions background color.
- mathcolor: This attribute holds the color of the math expressions.
- rowalign: This attribute holds vertical alignment of the table cells. Possible values are top, bottom and center.
- rowlines: This attribute holds the row borders value that multiple value can be separated by using a space can consider also. Possible values are none, solid and dashed.
- width: This attribute holds the width value length.
Note: There are few more attribute but those are not implemented yet like rowspacing, side, minlabelspacing, groupalign etc.
Below example illustrates the MathML <mtable> tag in HTML5:
Supported Browsers: The browsers supported by HTML5 MathML <mtable> tag are listed below:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important HTML concepts with the Web Design for Beginners | HTML course.