HTML5 | MathML <mi> Tag
The MathML <mi> tag in HTML5 is used as an identifier such as any kind of symbol or function. You can put any statement inside this tag.
<mi> element </mi>
Attributes: This tag accepts some attributes which are listed below:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important HTML concepts with the Web Design for Beginners | HTML course.
- class|id|style: This attribute is used to hold the styles of the child elements.
- href: This attribute is used to hold any hyperlink to a specified URL.
- mathbackground: This attribute holds the value of the math expressions background color.
- mathcolor: This attribute holds the color of the math expressions.
- dir: This attributes holds the direction value. Two types of direction values are acceptable ltr from left to right and rtl from right to left.
- mathsize: This attribute holds the value of the size for the content. The possible values are small, medium and big.
- mathvariant: This attribute holds variety of typography like font-family.
Below example illustrates the MathML <mi> tag in HTML5:
Supported Browsers: The browsers supported by HTML5 MathML <mi> tag are listed below: