The HTML <input> type Attribute is used to specify the type of <input> element to display. The default type of <input> type attribute is text.
- checkbox: It is used to define a checkbox field. The checkbox is shown as a square box that is ticked when it is activated. It allows the user to select one or more option among all the limited choices.
- color: It is used to define a color picker. The value should be a seven-character hexadecimal notation. Its default value is #000000(black).
- date: It is used to define a date picker or control field. The value will be the year, month and day.
- email: It is used to define a field for email address. The input email id is automatically validated to check the format of the email id is correct or not.
- file: It is used to specify the file select field and add a button to choose a file for upload to the form.
- hidden: It is used to define an input hidden field. A hidden field also includes those data that could not be seen or modified by the users when submitted the form. A hidden field only stores those database records that need to be updated when submitting the form.
- image: It is used to define an image as the submit button.
- month: It is used to specify the control of month and year field. The value must be in the format of “YYYY-MM”.
- number: It is used to specify an input field for entering a number.
- password: It is used to specify the password field of input tag. Password should be served over the HTTPS pages because it include the sensitive information of the user.
- radio: It is used to define a Radio Button. Radio Buttons are used to let the user select exactly one option from a list of predefined options. Radio Button input controls are created by using the “input” element with a type attribute having value as “radio”.
- range: It is used to define control for a number entered by the user. It can set restrictions on unimportant number or value which will be entered by the user. Its default range from 0 to 100.
- reset: It is used to defines a reset button. The reset button is used to reset all the form values to its initial values.
- search: It is used to define a text field that entered a search string.
- submit: It is used to define a submit button. It is used to submit all the user value to the form handler. The Form Handler is a server page that activates a script for processing all the input values.
- tel: It is used to define a field that entering a user telephone Number.
- text: It is used to define a single-line text field . The default width of the text field is 20 characters.
- time: It is used to specify the entering time control field.
- url: It is used to define a field that entered a URL. This input value is automatically validated before submitted the form.
- week: It is used to define a week and a year control field.
Supported Browsers: The browsers supported by HTML <input> type attribute are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer