HTML | DOM Video playbackRate Property
The Video playbackRate property in HTML DOM is used to set or return the current playback speed of the video. The video playbackRate property returns a number which represents the current playback speed.
- It returns the Video playbackRate property.
- It is used to set the Video playbackRate property.
videoObject.playbackRate = playbackspeed
Property Values: It contains single value playbackspeed which specifies the default playback speed of the video. The available options are:
- 1.0 is normal speed.
- 0.5 is half speed.
- 2.0 is double speed.
- -1.0 is backwards, normal speed.
- -0.5 is backwards, half speed.
Return Values: It returns a Number that represents the current playback speed
Below program illustrates the Video playbackRate property in HTML DOM:
Example: This example sets the video playing speed to double.
- After loading the code:
- Initial Playback Rate:
- Updated Playback Rate:
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by Video playbackRate property are listed below:
- Google Chrome 1 and above
- Edge 12 and above
- Internet Explorer 9.0 and above
- Firefox 20 and above
- Opera 12.1 and above
- Apple Safari 3.1 and above
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...