HTML | DOM Track kind property
The DOM Track kind property is used to set or return the value of the kind attribute of the track. The kind attribute is used to specify the kind of the track.
- It is used to return the kind property.
- It is also used to set the kind property.
trackObject.kind = “captions|metadata|chapters|subtitles|descriptions”
Value: It is either true or false which shows the default state of the track. By default, it is false.
- captions: It defines translation of dialogue and sound effects which is also suitable for deaf users.
- metadata: It states content used by scripts but is not shown to users.
- chapters: It defines chapter titles which is suitable to navigate the media resource.
- subtitles: Display subtitles in a video.
- descriptions: It describe the textual description of the video content.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 10.0+
Return Value: It returns the kind of the text track in the form of string.
Before clicking on the button:
After clicking on the button:
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...