Hewlett Packard Enterprise, India (formerly HP R&D) visited our campus in mid August.
Broadly there were 3 profiles : Servers, Storage and Networking. Location offered was Bangalore.
Round 1: Online Test
20 Aptitude Questions (Level was bit tough)
20 Technical Questions ( Level was average)
8 OOPS Questions(We had to select one language out of C++ or Java. C++ questions were mostly from pointers, Java was mostly about OOPs. The questions were tough)
Out of 385 students 50 were selected for the next round.
Round 2: Technical Interview
1. Asked which technology I am into
2. Questions from project (in great detail)
3. Questions about what I did as a member of Robotics Club
4. Write a program(any language) to read incoming byte stream and display the respective string
5. Design a system to store Articles (DBS concepts) and retrieve the most popular article (My answers: Sorting, Sorting using Map-reduce, Max Heap)
6. Given a big text file containing different sections, randomly access a user provided section and display on the screen.
# He was impressed because I did one program in Java and one in C.
# Don’t mention anything on the CV which you cannot defend.
Round 3: Technical/Managerial Interview (1 hour)
1. Tell me about your Parents
2. Tell me about your city (in great detail)
3. About the sports I play and the things I like in my favorite sportsman (this was an important physiological test)
4. Asked me which language I prefer, I said Java, so he made me write a basic C++ program and asked to explain every line of the code.
5. Write down your laptop configuration and explain each term. (Basic questions about processors, primary/secondary memory, and a little bit of OS concepts)
6. What do you mean by the clock speed of the processor.
7. Made me ask him 4 questions (which took about half of the time of the whole interview)
# Do not mention any term which you don’t know about, the interviewers quickly catch it and asks question about it.
Round 4: HR
(Telephonic, 15 minutes)
3. About the company.
4. Who is the CEO of HPE.
5. What kind of work I am looking for.
6. What non-technical things I learnt in my previous internship.
7. Ask me a question
# Always learn about the company before the interviews.
# Always ask the interviewer questions if asked to.
The interviews started at 8AM and went till 9PM. Everyone in the HPE team were very friendly. Out of 50, 7 were finally selected for FTE and 12 were selected just for the 6-month Internship.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.