When the question comes which Linux Distro is best for ethical hacking then this becomes typical to choose with. Everyone likes the different environment, looks and feel. At last, they find that there is no perfect Distro. There is one way that we can add all Kali Linux Hacking tools in any other Linux Debian based Distro using Katoolin. Katoolin is a script which helps to install all Kali Linux Hacking tools in any other Linux Debian based Distribution.
Steps to Install Katoolin on Linux Mint
Step 1: To install Katoolin we need to clone a git hub repository using git command. In some OS (Linux based) Git is not pre-installed so we can install it by using the following command:
sudo apt-get install git
Step 2: After installing git we need to clone the git hub repository, copy the link from below
git clone https://github.com/LionSec/katoolin.git && cp katoolin/katoolin.py /usr/bin/katoolin
Step 3: After cloning the repository we need to give it executable permissions using the following command:
chmod +x /usr/bin/katoolin
Step 4: After completing all the steps just below command to confirm the installation.
Using katoolin is very simple. You can enjoy all kali Linux repositories and install all hacking tools you need. Please note that before installing anything from katoolin you should remove previously added manual repositories from other sources to avoid errors.
- How to Install VirtualBox in Linux?
- How to Install Z Shell(zsh) on Linux?
- install command in Linux with examples
- How to Install Linux on Windows PowerShell Subsystem?
- How to Install Lazy Script in Kali Linux?
- How to Install Ulauncher in Ubuntu?
- How to Install Chrome in Ubuntu?
- How to install Ubuntu on VirtualBox?
- How to Install and Configure Docker in Ubuntu?
- Linux Virtualization : Linux Containers (lxc)
- How to Install and Configure Fish Shell in Ubuntu?
- How to Install and Configure Synaptic Package Manager in Ubuntu?
- Why Linux is Better?
- who command in Linux
- Different Shells in Linux
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.