First of all, you have to sign-in with your desired Google account in the site mentioned below:
After signing in you can either select for a blank page and start building the site from scratch or can choose a pre-designed template. Now, in this article, we will help you to make a website from scratch.
When you will load the page, the page will look similar to the one mentioned below.
Then start adding the content. After giving the title and entering the site name, etc. you can preview the website. You can add different layouts in the workspace or add images directly from google or from the drive. Your work will constantly be safe as all your changes are saved in the drive itself. This website is very useful when we have to make a short scale website. It can be used to make the multi-pages website as you can add pages to your website. Although there are limited themes, you can select an appropriate one for your website.
Header: There are 4 different types of header:
- Title Only
- Large Banner
Currently, Google Sites supports only the above four types but it can be updated in the later future. Apart from this, the user can select the background image for the header and the site will adjust the brightness and the color of the text and image in such a way that it is most readable. It is the most beautiful feature of the Sites. Not only this if you add your logo then the site will find the color in your logo and also its contrast so that you can make a beautiful website with just clicks.
Layout Pallet: You can also add images and some text by deciding the layout from the pallet window. After adding some text the site will look like:
Footer: Apart from the header, you can also add footer in your webpage. To enable footer just click the Add Footer button at the bottom of the design page.
In the footer, you can give your company information and other important things. After that, your footer can be like the following:
Pages: In a similar fashion, you can also make different pages and then make a multi-page website for your work. One of the features of Google Sites is you can select which page you want to display and which you don’t. Also, you can link another site with this site as when you will go to add the page you will see that there are two options new page and new link. Moreover, as soon as you add them they are displayed in the navigation menu on the top in the order of creation however you can change the order by swiping the pages in the pages section.
Sharing With Others: If it is a group assignment then you can share it with others, you will require only there E-Mail ids. It can be done by just clicking the sharing icon on the top panel of the screen.
Publishing: By this, you will be able to make a basic website and then just click on the Publish button to publish the site. You have to select the URL and it will check its availability on the Internet and if the domain is currently not in use then it will allow you to use it. Apart from that, you can also publish it on your own custom URL.
After that just hit publish and your website will get published on the Internet.
- How to Build Portfolio Website And Host It on GitHub Pages?
- How to add Brand Image in New Google Sites ?
- How to add Announcement Banner in New Google Sites ?
- How to create an image carousel in New Google Sites ?
- How to insert a whole folder in New Google Sites ?
- How to embed images in New Google Sites ?
- How to insert YouTube video in New Google Sites ?
- Introduction to Google Sites
- How to insert calendars in New Google Sites ?
- How to embed tables in New Google Sites ?
- How to insert collapsible Text Boxes in New Google Sites ?
- How to embed Scrolling Text Banners in New Google Sites ?
- How to create multi column view in New Google Sites ?
- How to embed Padlet in New Google Sites?
- How to embed Hapara Workshop in New Google Sites ?
- 7 Best Sites For Free Web Hosting
- How To Add Google Maps With A Marker to a Website
- How to embed Google Forms on any Website ?
- How to Embed Google Drawing on the Website ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.