Startup services in Windows are the programs or application which starts automatically when the system started. These contain some of the essential services that are needed to be run automatically after the system started. These services run in the background to ensure the proper functionality of the system.
When the automatic startup of these programs or applications is enabled then it leads to a load on the CPU during booting time because of which performance of the system is affected.
So, we can also disable the automatic startup of these programs or applications to increase the performance of the system, but before disabling any application from automatic startup just make sure that it won’t lead to any critical issue because some of the applications must startup automatically for the proper functioning of the system.
Disabling Startup Services
The steps to disable the Windows startup services are as follows:
Step 1: Press ( + R) on keyboard. The Run dialog box will appear.
Step 2: Clear the content of the text box and then type msconfig in it.
Step 3: Now hit Enter button. A dialog box will appear. Navigate to Startup section. If you are using Windows 7 you will see all the startup services listed, but if you are using Windows 10 then you will see something like the image shown below, click on ‘Open Task Manager’ to view the startup services.
Step 4: Now all the Windows startup services will be listed in the dialog box as shown below:
Step 5: To disable the startup services. Right-click on the application which you want to disable and then select the disable option.
Startup service will be disabled successfully as shown below:
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- How to Disable Administrator Account in Windows?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of working in a Startup
- Should I join a mass recruiter or a startup?
- AngularJS | Services
- How to disable a link using only CSS?
- Disable Kivy Button
- How to disable tabs in Bootstrap ?
- How to disable resizable property of textarea using CSS?
- How to disable zoom on a mobile web page using CSS?
- How to disable scrollbar without hiding using jQuery ?
- How to disable text selection highlighting using CSS?
- How to disable Copy, Paste, Cut and Right Click using jQuery ?
- How to disable input type text area ?
- How to disable a button in jQuery dialog from a function ?
- How to disable browser Autocomplete on web form field/input tag?
- How to disable form submit on enter button using jQuery ?
- How to disable paste protection in Mozilla Firefox Developer Console?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.