As we know Kotlin plugin is bundled with Android Studio above version 3.0, we can build android application using Kotlin language instead of Java.
Below are the steps to create a new project in Kotlin programming Language.
Step 1: In Welcome to Android Studio screen, select Start a new Android Studio Project.
Step 2: Select Empty Activity and click on the Next button.
Step 3: Here we write name of our application and select the language Kotlin for the project. Then, click on the Finish button to launch the project.
Step 4: Finally our newly created project opens which contains different number of files.
- How to implement Swipe Down to Refresh in Android using Android Studio
- How to Create a Dark Mode for a Custom Android App in Kotlin?
- How to send message on WhatsApp in Android using Kotlin
- Running User Interface Thread in Android using Kotlin
- How to Add RangeSeekbar in Android Using Kotlin?
- How to add a custom styled Toast in Android using Kotlin
- Android EditText in Kotlin
- Android LinearLayout in Kotlin
- Android RelativeLayout in Kotlin
- Android ListView in Kotlin
- Android FrameLayout in Kotlin
- Android TableLayout in Kotlin
- Android Toast in Kotlin
- Android Fade In/Out in Kotlin
- Android Slide Up/Down in Kotlin
- Android Animations in Kotlin
- Android progress notifications in Kotlin
- Kotlin Android Tutorial
- Difference between Java and Kotlin in Android with Examples
- Why You Should Switch to Kotlin from Java to Develop Android Apps?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.