The task is to capitalize the first letter of string without using toUpperCase() method with the help of jQuery. There are two approaches that are discussed below:
Approach 1: In this example, the css() method is used to used to set the text-transform property value to capitalize.
Approach 2: In this example, we are using CSS property to perform the operation. A new ID has been added to the element which sets the property text-transform to capitalize.
- How to change Input characters to Upper Case while typing using CSS/jQuery ?
- CSS | ::first-letter Selector
- CSS | letter-spacing Property
- How to convert list of elements in an array using jQuery ?
- How to Convert HTML Table into Excel Spreadsheet using jQuery ?
- How to select first element in the drop-down list using jQuery ?
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.interval Property with example
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.off Property
- jQuery | jQuery.support Property
- jQuery | jquery Property
- Convert minutes to hours/minutes with the help of JQuery
- PHP | Check if all characters are lower case
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.