Programmers can add images into the dropdown list for each items by two methods which are mentioned below.
Method 1: Using CSS The .dropdown class uses position: relative; is used when the user needs the content to be set right under the dropdown button (It is done using position: absolute).
The .dropdown-content class holds the actual dropdown content. Note that the “min-width” is 160px. The programmer can set this according to the need. Add <img> tag in dropdown content to insert image into dropdown list for each items.
Note: In case the user needs the width of the content to be as wide as the dropdown button, please set the width to 100% (Set overflow: auto to get scroll on small screens). Instead of using a border, we have used the CSS box-shadow property to create the dropdown menu like a “card”. The :hover selector is used to display the dropdown menu when the user moves the mouse over the dropdown button.
In above example, you need to “hover” your mouse pointer over button to see the dropdown list.
Method 2: Using Bootstrap: Dropdowns can be implemented from <a> or <button> components. For showing records or lists, toggle contextual overlays along with using the Bootstrap dropdown plugin.
In above example, you can toggle (click on and off) button to see the dropdown list.
Note: You can use <div> tag instead of <ul> tag and <a> tag instead of <li> tag in above example.
- How to avoid dropdown menu to close menu items on clicking inside ?
- How to fix number of visible items in HTML dropdown and allow multiple selections ?
- How to remove the default arrow icon from a dropdown list?
- How to add an image as the list-item marker in a list using CSS ?
- How to remove arrow in dropdown in Bootstrap ?
- How to style a dropdown using CSS?
- How to open dropdown menu on hover in Bootstrap ?
- How to display div elements using Dropdown Menu in jQuery?
- How to clear all options in a dropdown box?
- How to replace dropdown-toggle icon with another default icon in Bootstrap ?
- How to design full width dropdown Navbar using Bootstrap ?
- How to change dropdown menu when time is changed ?
- Bulma | Dropdown
- How to use bootstrap-select for dropdown ?
- Materialize CSS Dropdown
- How to make bootstrap version 2 tab dropdown?
- How to set the dropdown button in the center?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.