HashedIn by Deloitte Interview Experience for Internship + FTE | On-Campus 2021
HashedIn came to my campus for a pre-placement talk on 3rd September 2021.
Online Assessment: An online test was scheduled on the same day. It was 1.5 hour test with 3 programming questions. They were easy-medium level questions. However strangely, there was no webcam proctoring and we could even change tabs during the test. Results came on 7th Sep and 11 students were shortlisted for further technical interviews.
Technical Interview 1: 1st interview round for scheduled for 8th September on zoom. It was 45 min long interview.
- There was one lead interviewer and one shadower.
- First he asked about my introduction and asked me to explain briefly about one of my projects.
- After that, he started to ask basic theory questions about paging, fragmentation, disk scheduling algo, normalization and its types, boyce codd 12 rules, vpn, ip address, nat, polymorphism, inheritance.
- I was able to answer not all, but most of questions correctly.
- Basically, he needed to cover all 4 subjects ie OS, CN, DBMS and OOPS.
After that he asked 2 programming questions.
- Maximum sum subarray. (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/largest-sum-contiguous-subarray/)
- List anagrams together. (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/given-a-sequence-of-words-print-all-anagrams-together/)
I solved both of the questions, after that he asked me if I had any questions for him and the interview was over.
After this round, 4 students were shortlisted for next round.
Technical Interview 2: It was scheduled on 13th sep. It was 1-hour interview. The interviewer was really very friendly. First 20 minutes he asked about my interests, some hypothetical follow-up questions over it, all in a very chill manner. He asked me no theory questions because i guess my previous interview theory round went well, it all depends on your performance in previous interview, my friends were asked theory questions in this interview as well.
- After that he asked me 1 SQL query question. I needed to make all the tables, insert data into them and run the query. He told me the structure of tables and helped me while I was coding it. Unfortunately, my SQL queries did not run because some foreign key error kept coming, even he tried to solve it but the error continued. So he decided to drop the SQL question, and asked me to copy that much code and paste it in the google docs he shared with me. I did not panic even after this incident, because the interviewer made the environment very chill and calm.
- Then he asked one simple sorting question (yes, really!!). I decided to use merge sort. After I coded it, I had some doubts in it, I asked him if I should first dry run over a test case, as the time was less, he said me to just run it. Even it did not ran successfully because stack overflow error kept coming on recursion. Again unfortunately, the time was over and I kept debugging it. He then asked me to put the code in docs.
- He asked me if I had any questions for him, I asked him about my feedback(don’t ask this), he said he was not allowed to do so and if I had any other questions. I asked some basic questions from him and the interview was over. Even after this, I did not feel bad because in the end he appreciated me about my confidence and my cool nature and attitude.
I was not sure what would happen, luckily I got selected in this round too. It shows that what they want is that your logic should be correct, even if there are some bugs in your code. In total, 3 students were able to clear this round.
HR Round: The HR round was scheduled for the very next day. HR introduced herself and started asking basic questions from me.
- Family background
- Strengths and weakness
- Explain briefly one of your projects.
- Why hashedIn
- Do you have any current offer in your hand
This was a non-elimination round and all 3 of the students were selected.
- Revise all the basic concepts of theory. You should know at least the definition of all concepts.
- Read 7-8 GFG previous interview experiences.
- Be confident and calm. If you panic, just observe the events happening in front of you and your thoughts. Once you start observing your thoughts instead of identifying with it, you will become calm on your own.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!