Goldman Sachs Internship Interview Experience (On-Campus)
Around 200 students appeared for the online round which consisted of 2 Easy-Medium Coding questions and 1 Advanced Level Coding Question along with 10 MCQ’s based on Quants and 2 essay type questions.
25 students were shortlisted for the Technical Interview Round.
1st Interview Round ( Tech ):
- What is the difference between SQL and NoSQL databases?
- What type of database is MongoDB? Is MongoDB really schemaless ?
- How to add and delete nodes from the middle and end of LinkedList? Write code for the same on the paper.
I answered all the questions and the round was wonderful. Out of 25 students, only 12 students could make it to the next round.
2nd Interview Round (Tech + HR):
- Bulbs and Switches Puzzle https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-7-3-bulbs-and-3-switches/
- Stock Buy Sell Problem https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/stock-buy-sell/
- The City of Truth and Lies https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-city-truth-lies/
- Permutations and combination question; a variation of arranging people on a circular table.
- Some common HR questions.
I answered all the answers but got a little stuck in 2nd question which I finally solved after hints from the interviewer.
Only 8 students qualified for the next technical round.
3rd Interview Round (Tech ):
- ) Find the median of very large blocks of data such that all data can’t fit in the memory at once.
- ) Given a sine curve and a rectangular train pulse, determine the nature of the graph after 15-20 years.
What do you mean by Fourier Transform and discuss Fourier transforms of both the curves?
Finally, only 4 students were selected for the internship. Unfortunately, I wasn’t among those 4.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!