Special 21 – Coding Interview Preparation in 21 Days Lockdown
The whole nation is in the state of lockdown due to COVID-19 and to win a war against this outbreak, all we can do is staying at home for 21 Days! We know 21 days is quite a long period but don’t you think despite getting stuck in the worry of this lockdown, we should take this 21-Day tenure as an opportunity to build new skills and boost the preparation. It takes 21 days to form a new Habit! So, GeeksforGeeks is coming up with the daily contests for the next 21 days to make you prepare for the interviews.
Do you remember, how you used to delay your participation in a contest or postpone to learn something new just with a mere excuse that you don’t have time? Now, you have enough time and you can make the most out of it. GeeksforGeeks Special 21 will come up with a new topic each day to prepare yourself to face some big tech companies interviews.
- Participation in the contest is completely FREE.
- By the end of the 21st day, you will find that you have solved 80 coding problems with also 300 – 400 MCQs.
- Access to well-written editorials after every contest.
How to Participate?
Firstly, the contest is open to everyone! Whether it be a college student or a working professional or anyone else, all are eligible. The procedure to participate in the Special 21 is very simple, all you have to do is follow the below-listed steps:
- Visit the GeeksforGeeks Special 21 Contest page.
- Here, Click on the particular contest as per the schedule.
- Now, you will be redirected to a new page where you have to click on ‘Register to Contest’ to get yourself registered for the contest.
- After the successful registration, you’ll have to wait for the contest to start. The contest will be started at 9 PM each day.
- Once you start the contest, the Contest Timer will be started and you’re ready to attempt the contest.
- The contest will be valid for only 24 hours once it get started.
You can get all the details for each contest and can apply day wise from the above-provided links. Those who want to participate are also recommended to attempt the Sample Geeks Challenge to get familiar with the GeeksforGeeks coding environment. The programming languages supported for the contest are C, C++, Java, Python3, C#. The maximum marks for each problem are 50. There is a 5% penalty (on maximum marks) for each wrong submission. For example, if a problem is of 100 marks and a participant makes a wrong submission, the new maximum marks for that participant are reduced to 95. After the next wrong submission of the same problem, the new maximum marks are further reduced to 90.25 and so on. So, it is suggested to use ‘Compile & Test’ against sample test cases option before each submission. Also, the participants must keep in mind that any type of plagiarism will not be entertained. In case, anyone is found guilty, the score of the concerned participants will be dropped to 0. So, what are you waiting for? Make this quarantine time more worthy and fruitful, do participate in the GeeksforGeeks Special 21 and get ready for the daily challenges!
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...